disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

No new tale to tell

Someone recently told me that when you don't hear from someone in a while, it means they have gone into hibernation, usually because they have something goin on in their life, and so they need to take a time out from people. I agree. I've lately been pulled in so many different directions, I was truly incapable of blogging, let alone having a time to gather my thoughts coherently enough so that I could blog. my apologies.

Question: why are customer service people so nasty? The pharmacy lady told me she couldn't fill my rx until tomorrow --and asked me, "can you see we're real busy?" with a dismissive wave of her hand to the rather empty desk, which I suppose had a bit of paperwork around her. Is not every single person on this entire freakin planet Busy? I mean, even the manicured spa people are busy. Even when they are getting facials, they are busy improving the quality of their pores, right? They are busy. I am busy. We all do lots of things to fill up our time. Never not once are we not busy. So don't tell me about busy, lady -- do your job, get me my meds, and shut it. We're all Busy.

Question: why does your crying mean I should forgive you? A "friend"(read: person I have to put up with) did something real real stupid and bad. She got caught. I confronted her. She apologized through a haze of tears and "didn't mean to's". The tears did nothing for her case -- it just made her seem more guilty. In fact, I was ready to forgive, and then the tears came, and then I got angry again. I felt like recinding my "its ok" and going back to square one of not talking to her. In fact, Game On. No Deal with that apology thing. Your guilty tears make me completely disbelieve you.

Question: why am I good enough to throw a party, but not good enough for a dinner? No, I'm not canceling the party, but really now...

Question: when you are going in for a "procedure" where you will be naked and unconscious, aren't you in the tiniest bit truly freaked out? I mean, they are doctors. right. But they are also people. And trusting people, as we all know, can get you nothing but trouble.