disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Saturday, August 06, 2005

stolen memories stolen

I stole this from Tales From the "Liberry" who stole it from Errant Apostrophes who stole from Kunstemaecker:

10 Years Ago Today, August 6, 1995: I was nearing the end of my career working retail at a famous women's shoe store in the Woodbridge Mall, lower level, across from the carosel where kids would scream all day. My husband and I were married then for just under a year, and were living above his office supply store, in this tiny little apartment. It was heaven. We had no neighboors, a WaWa across the street, and an awsome pizza parlor, where the owner would trade us calzones and pizzas for office supplies. Selling shoes was awful, but the people I worked with were wonderful and hilarious -- "Skinny Anorexic Cocaine Lady", the store manager, who sang on the top of her lungs and hit us with pocket books -- "I'm Just Doing This Till I Get A Teaching Job Girl", who was mortified when her boyfriend proposed to her on a huge chocolate chip cookie (bought at said same mall), and "Dark Lip-Liner worn with White Lipstick Girl" who wore size 2 clothes even though she weighed 250lbs.

5 Years Ago Today, August 6, 2000: I was working full time at my first library job at a small public library -- 35,000 books, just over 4,000 square feet, staff of 3. I was the branch librarian, with one semester of library school under my belt, and was getting ready to start in the fall my 2nd semester. My daughter was 4, and my husband and I were desperate to move out of the tiny apartment above his store, which thankfully, we did the following year.

1 Year Ago Today, August 6, 2004: I was 10 months into my current job, and loving every minute of it -- The things I have learned since joining the larger public library where I am now is just amazing.

Yesterday: I worked all day, came home exhausted, and finished the latest Harry Potter -- why, I don't know.

Tomorrow: Clean the house in the morning, house guests in the afternoon, cleaning up in the evening! And hopefully getting a good walk in sometime if the heat breaks.

5 Snacks I Enjoy: Hershey Kisses, GORP (good old peanuts and raisins w/choc.chips), Sourdough Pretzels, Cherry Garcia ice cream, and a nice cold glass of Pinot Noir.

5 Bands That I Know the Lyrics to Most of their Songs: The The, Duran Duran, The Cure, The Smiths, The Clash

5 Things I Would Do With $100,000,000: Give a large chunk of $ to my parent's scholarship fund at Brookdale Community College and to the Holocaust Center there that my dad founded; pay off my family's debts; spend a month at Canyon Ranch; have a huge costume party where everyone would dress as their favorite super-hero; get a kick ass car (like a James Bond kinda car)

5 Locations I'd Like To Run Away To: Capri (Italy), Greece, Ireland, Israel, L.A.

5 Bad Habits I Have: Worrying, Smoking on Occassion, Cursing in front of my kids, Not Returning Phone Calls/Not Answering the phone because I know its you on my caller id, writing lists upon lists upon lists!

5 Things I Like Doing: Reading, Eating, Driving, Cooking, Hangin with my Family

5 Things I Would Never Wear: a bikini, a belly shirt, daisy dukes, a belly necklace, a tattoo

5 TV Shows I Like: Simpsons, Six Feet Under, Family Guy, Rock Star INXS, Fire Me Please! (yes, that is the name of a show!)

5 Movies I Like: It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, Tremors, Back To The Future, Tape Heads, Better Off Dead

5 Biggest Joys Of The Moment: Our new house, our new street, spending time with the kids, just finished a book and I don't have one "on deck", grandma's 93 and still hanging in there!

5 Favorite Toys: my palm pilot, my blog, my camera, the garden hose, the ceiling fan on the front porch

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home