disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Saturday, August 06, 2005

bakin potatoes, bakin in the sun

Will this heat never cease!? I don't know why, but I went to the beach Wednesday. I had the day off, its summer, we live about 10 minutes from the beach, and I had yet to go once this year, .. so I figured I would go. It was 96 in the shade, and there was no shade. The heat was incredible. It was like lying on the equator. So -- I'm sitting with my feet in the baby pool, watching my 2 1/2 year old play, and I get to talking with this lady next to me. "You should have been here yesterday," she says. "Really, why?" "A little one pooped in the baby pool, so they had to close it down. Then later, someone threw up in the big pool, so that closed. Then, everyone started screaming, and sure enough, there was a shark in the ocean, so everyone had to get out and off the beach. They kicked us all out of the club." I honestly didn't know what to say to this information. On the one hand, I was thinking, "she can't be serious" and on the other hand I was thinking "can that happen again to day so I can go home already!"

We didn't stay at the beach too long -- about 3 hours -- it was too hot even for my parents who go there almost every day. So we finally leave, and we go out for ice cream. The lady at the ice cream parlor sees our beach badges and says "oh, you go to X beach club! So do I! Were you there yesterday when the pools closed and then there was that shark! That was the coolest!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home