disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Monday, August 15, 2005

what the heck

Some very strange things have been happening to me recently....

Today I got in my car and a song started on the radio. At first, I thought it was this one song that I like, that I don't know the name of, and don't know the band, but every time I hear it I love it -- but they rarely ever play the song, and it's from like 5 years ago, and you never hear it in its entirety cause you always catch it midway. So I think it's that song, but it's not -- it's some awful song by another band. (who's name I also forget, but they're not important) Quickly, I change the station, but I keep thinking of the song I wanted it to be, and its in my head all morning. I'm singing it in my head off and on for about 3 hours. Flash forward to lunch time -- I'm running late, heading out late, and need to quickly run out for a bite and then back to work again, -- jump in my car, turn on the radio -- and the song that is in my head, that I thought was playing in the morning but wasn't, is on the radio -- and, its at the beginning, so I get to hear the whole thing. I love that. It was instant happiness. It was my happy peaceful total zen moment of the day.

Strange thing number 2. A few days ago I got to leave work early and be home to take my daughter to her acting class. It's an hour long, so I figure, I'll hang out and read or something until she's done, rather than go home, sit for 10 minutes, then drive back over again. So the plan was to read. But it was 110 degrees out, and I didn't want to run the car for an hour, so I decided to go for a walk. I go and pay my taxes, I go and buy some tickets for a comedian, I think about buying an iced coffee, and then I am wandering around thinking of other close things to walk to, when I see that across the street from the acting class is a palm reader -- $5 for 1 hand, $10 for 2. Now, I know these things are silly, and can go either way -- total sheister, to total creepy -- and I have to say, I'm a smidgen of a believer in this stuff. And hey, for $5 I'm out of the sun for 15 minutes. So I start walking over, and I'm thinking about what will the "psychic" tell me, when a car pulls up to the curb, and out steps Melanie. Melanie was one of my closest and dearest friends all while growing up. We lived 3 houses down from each other, and were inseperable for a very large portion of our childhoods & teen years. And we had a huge gigantic enormous awful falling out 10+ years ago, and I haven't seen her since. (which, is a long and bizarre story involving 2 weddings and some awful bridesmaid dresses -- which I'll spare you the details of, unless you want to know sometime.) But -- I digress -- Here she is, plus husband and 2 kids, and here she is coming over to me on the street. I was kinda like a deer caught in the headlights. I have to say -- it was cool to see her, and then 5 seconds later, it was Not cool to see her. Does that make sense? So we walk to the pet store together -- her son needed live crickets for his iguana-- and we talk, exchange numbers, and I go pick up my daughter from her class. I've been running it over and over in my head ever since. Our "breakup" as friends was Huge -- it was really hurtful and devastating to me -- and, over the past 10 years or so it's definately crossed my mind more than once. So do I call her? I don't know. But I do wonder what the psychic would have said!

Strange thing number 3. (Cause they always happen in 3s). Work has been really really wierd lately. No one has been acting like themselves. It's like they've all changed roles with one another. Mean people are now nice -- Nice people are now rude -- Crazy people are sane -- and the one I really got on with is like a psycho split personality. What is up with people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home