disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

can't get there from here

15 minutes till school time, can't find my keys. husband is on the road, a few towns away. search everywhere -- rip the house top to bottom -- no freakin keys!!! call my neighboor - "feel like taking a drive?" "why not take my car?" "take your car?" "yeah - come on over....want me to back it out of the driveway for you?" ??? "nah.. I'll be fine..."

"The car" was the size of a winnebago. The driveway has a small retaining wall on the passenger side. Reversing gently, gently now, watching, looking, hitching myself up in the seat to see out the back window that's a mere 30 feet from where I'm sitting....There's a pedestrian and her kid walking behind the car! Brake! Watching the little kid get safely out of my way, watching her, smiling, reversing...I scrape the brick retaining wall with a crunching errrrr -- put it in drive, correct myself, back into reverse, try again -- ok -- we're on the road -- school starts...Now! Shit! Fly through town, get to the school, push open the escape hatch (huge f-ing door) and FALL OUT OF THE CAR. Left leg (heel actually) hits the pavement as the right leg gets twisted under me, still up inside by the seat. "The car" was so high off the ground, and I am so flippin short, I literally flung myself heel&ass-first into the abyss of the parking lot. Embarrased? yes. Hurt? perhaps a little sprain. Still keep the momentum going and get my kid out of the backseat, into the school, and smile so sweetly at the teacher like nothing is out of the ordinary? most definately.
I got my kid to school only 3 minutes late.

I am a superhero mom!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home