disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

toe-tally annoying

Do you remember that old children's story about the big lion who had a thorn in his paw, and the little mouse came and pulled it out for him? Maybe it was an Aesop's fable, or some such? Well, this big huge lion, king of the jungle, feared by all, was taken down by this annoying thorn in his tender foot. Amazing but true (well, fictional, but still...) stories of the animal kingdom!

Well, I feel like that big mangy lion. I have a sore toe, and for the life of me, I can't seem to concentrate too long on anything, because my TOE is killing me!

When I was 10 years old I was sent to sleep-away camp in the middle of Nowheresville PA, where I refused for my 2 month stint to wear flip flops in the shower. Needless to say, I have battled with plantar warts ever since.

At one time I had 6, then I had none, then years passed, and now for the last year or so, I've had 3. And since the last time me & the warts did battle nothing worked except leaving them the heck alone, I've done pretty much nothing to get rid of them. Which, I can see now, is a mistake. Big Mistake.

Now something has got a-hold of the 2nd toe on my left foot UnderNeath My Toe Nail. Yes, it is Under-Neath my nail! I think its a wart. I'm actually not quite sure. But from the tiny bit of it thats popped out and covered the top of my toe, I'd say it was a wart gone awry.

I've poked it, prodded it, stabbed it with my nail scissor, and yet it remains impenetrable. It doesn't hurt. Most of the time. But sometimes, just when I think I've forgotten about it -- YEEOUCHH!

So- sensibility says -- Get it looked at. Go to the doctor. But, well, the thing is, 1.) I hate foot doctors. My apologies to all you podiatrists out there, but so far, you've all disappointed me; 2.) I have a feeling the doctor will take off my toe nail to get a good look at this thing, and I kinda like my toe nail and am terrified of not having it there anymore; and 3.) (which is the stupidest reason, but compared to 1 & 2, how dumb can it be?) I'm going on a business trip in 2 weeks, and now is not the time to do nail excavating -- I'm gonna need my feet for the trip!

So meanwhile, here I am, an all powerful, energetic, bubbly, work-a-holic, woman of the new millennium, completely frazzled by a frickin piece of crud pushing on the innerside of my nail! How completely ridiculous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home