disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Monday, September 25, 2006

What a Night!

I won tickets off of 90.5 The Night (Brookdale Public Radio) to see the Raconteurs last night at the House of Blues in AC. All I can say is... Fabulous! They were totally awesome. My husband and I at first were like "what the hell are we doing here" with all the college kids and glue heads and completely strange people. I didn't get it -- the kids looked way too young to drink, but everyone was at the bar ordering things mixed with Red Bull and getting totally crippled,and the adults older than us looked like wary chaperones caught up in some awful joke. The opening band Dr. Dog was sooooo bad. Every 3minutes I was checking my phone for the time... and for an instant I felt like text messaging someone just to pass the time... just terrible! Chris and I just laughed.

When the Raconteurs came on I think we were about 15 deep from the stage and all of a sudden I forgot that I had been standing for the past 2 1/2 hours, and that moments ago my old body was tired -- Once they started I felt 17 again -- and believe me, thats a hard thing to pull off! But here I was, young, fun, and rocking out to some extremely loud extremely cool music, having the time of my life. All of a sudden the crowd was better to be around -- even the tall guy shaking his head like a bobble head doll was ok!

So thank you 90.5 The Night! Thank you Raconteurs for such a show! And a special shout out to my sister and my mom for babysitting on a Sunday into the wee hours of the morning so this 34 year old and her old man could have a night out!

3 Comments:

  • At 10/03/2006 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    90.5, The Night! I grew up around the corner from Brookdale. I loved the Christmas I was visiting and they celebrated Merry Bruce-mas. Christmas presents and Springsteen's music, a perfect pair.

     
  • At 10/03/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger sara said…

    Thank you Kerry! 90.5 is quite the coolest radio station around. For your Bruce mention, let me tell ya -- when I was a pre-teen, my best friends mom took about 5 of us over to Bruce's house just before Christmas, and we sand carrols on his front lawn! Then -- He came out, sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and gave me a hug and a kiss! I still have the newspaper article saved in my photo albumn... Ahhh... those were the days!

     
  • At 10/04/2006 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    give dr. dog's studio stuff a try

     

Post a Comment

<< Home