disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Very Merry Un-Birthday To Me

To me? To me! A very merry un-birthday to me! Its been one year since I've been blogging! So far, so good. I thank you for taking the time to laugh with me.

When I was a kid my family used to laugh at me for being over-dramatic. For saying thigs like "I hate water." In fact, they used to say that I had created the largest list of "I hate______" and whenever I started a sentence by telling them something I hated, they asked me which volume of which book that one was in.

So here's a few I've been thinking of recently:

I hate the universal symbol for "money." You know, like when a person rubs their thumb against the other fingers in their hand, to symbolize moolah/money/dough/whatever. I just hate that. Cut it out already, you look stupid.

I hate the words "pet peeve." They make no sense. At least, they make no sense to me. Perhaps I dont know enough about that saying [Harlan Ellison says that you dont have the right to your own opinion. You only have the right to your INFORMED opinion, and being that perhaps I'm not informed, maybe its unfair to say pet peeve is worthy of hate... but I digress] to say its ridiculous, and I am a librarian, so I should be able to figure out its etymology, but I'm feeling lazy, and lets just say, for arguments sake, that saying "pet peeve" is truly dumb. Pets are good -- you feed them, play with them, make them a part of your family. And what the heck is a peeve? I just hate it. Wait -- here's a dictionary next to me -- lets see what Websters has to say....ughh.. here it is "pet peeve, noun, 1919, a frequent subject of complaint"... well, I still hate it. And no, pet peeve is not a pet peeve of mine, I just simply dont like it. Period.

And lastly, the cap-er of the day, I do hate water. To drink. Really. And I drink it, I do, but I hate it just the same. Sorry family, I'm just weird I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home