disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Gone West

Well, the Jersey Girl has left the state -- Not for good, just for a few days. I'm in Seattle at a training for a library project I'm working on for the Spring.

What a great city! I'm having an awesome time.

Coffee Coffee Coffee... Its everywhere.

I had debated over and over again about bringing a laptop with me on this trip -- I was worried about the whole lugging it hither and yon thing. So I left it home, and I have found a nice litte corner spot with free computer right here at the hotel -- Fabulous. I tell ya, this girl hates to schlep. I'd take the hotel lobby pc any day of the week over schlepping around a heavy old laptop, with the 5 lb. cushy bag to protect its delicate self. I was not amazed, however, to see So Many people in the airport and airplane clicking away on their own bulky machines. What a world. The people in the plane just yabbering away on their cell phones and clicking away on their computers was unreal. No one had a conversation with the person right next to them! When the pilot came on and told people they had to shut off their phones, there was a very distinct electronic hum all around, and you could tell people were getting cranky to have to be incommunicado for the duration of the fight.

So -- I'm off for more coffee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home