disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Delayed

I know, I know -- I haven't written a post in a very long time. Well, honestly its just been pretty boring lately. I think things go in cycles, and lately the cycle hasn't been funny, so I haven't written anything. I've been getting up, going to work, coming home, eating dinner, hanging with my family, and going to bed --

Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

The anti-abortion guy still stands outside every day. Even in this cold. Now we know for certain he's a moron. I see him every freaking morning, and 3 out of 5 mornings I give him the finger.

I was laughing at myself the other day at just how many mood swings/mood changes I go through just on the 20 minute ride into work. I'll break it down for you:
8:30 - running late, need to leave the house now, slightly annoyed, running around the house like a lunatic shouting things at everyone
8:34 - finally in the car, filled with guilt over leaving my family to head off to work
8:35 - totally psyched! there's an awsome song on the radio
8:36 - singing. totally happy.
8:37 - pissed. I ran so late I'm stuck at the frickin railroad tracks. again.
8:38 - calmed. train has moved on. another good tune to hum to.
8:39 - there's that prick bastard anti-abortion idiot on the side of the road!! murderous rage! he must die!!
8:42 - hey, I missed that light, cool -- maybe I can make up for lost time and hit the parkway ok
8:43 - shit - hit the 2nd light -- I really need to get moving! Frustration seeps in. Sip my coffee. Pop a calm-the-belly pill.
8:47 - ahhhh, yes, finally - I'm almost on the parkway, we're movin, movin
8:47- what the frick!? Why does this guy cut me off just to Sit There At The Toll!!? Find Your Damn Quarter on your own time!! I'm late!!
8:48 - Smiling like a cheshire cat - blew off the idiot and am now heading toward my cruising speed of 85
8:57 - Still hovering around 80 - here's my exit -- looks good, I got 3 minutes to make it into work - very happy, but anxious
8:59 - Where do all these idiots come from!? That jack is doing 30 in a 45!! C'mon! I got like 1 mile left!!
9:01 - Pulling into the parking lot. I'm not all that late - here's some of my co-workers also getting in now. Sigh of relief.

I am a certifiable nut case!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home