disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Friday, October 28, 2005

happy pumpkin day

Halloween is here -- just a few more days till the trick-or-treat'n madness begins. I love this holiday. I love getting candy, (oh pu-leaze...you eat your kids candy too!), I love seeing imaginative costumes, and I love walking around in the crisp chilly fall air with the smell of leaves turning and the moon looking so eerie and bright. I love watching scary movies late at night and getting creeped out. I haven't done that for a while, and I really need to. I need to see something spine tingling and frightening. I need to feel scared to go to bed in the dark. That is like the most awsome feeling -- when you're too scared to close your eyes 'cause you think the boogeyman is out to get you. It's like a wacked out crazy kind of buzz, feeling scared, feeling like someones creeping up behind you. The willies. I love that term - Willies. Where did we get that word? But I find as I get older I am less and less creeped out- by movies, I mean -- they're just not all that scary anymore. They follow a pattern, and are so derivitave of all the ones that came before, there's just no scare factor. Have there been ANY truly scary movies in the last 5 or even 10 years? I need to investigate this! If I find anything with true scare potential, I'll let ya know. And if there's something you think is worth it -- something that truly gave you the willies, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home