disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sidestepping

So - Its the dreaded Day Before Fathers Day, or, if you wish -- Fathers Day Eve. It was exactly one year ago on the same eve that I fell down and broke my butt. If you don't remember, there's a post all about it in the archives for you. But to bring you up to speed faster, the gist is that in an attempt to make the house "perfect" prior to the morning of Fathers Day, I hastily flung myself down the basement steps while attempting to finish up the laundry. Said flinging resulted in my ass being impaled in the stairway in a frightfully shocking amount of pain and suffering. I then drove myself to the hospital, as it was midnight, and who could we call to watch the kids at that hour, and sheepishly told the teen behind the reception desk that I was there because I had broke my butt. His face is indelibly imprinted in my memory as The Smirk that Lives Forever.

So - This year, today, right now, its Fathers Day Eve, and I am itching to clean the house and make it all "Perfect" so that tomorrow no chores will need to be done, and we can do some sort of "father-ish" thing... what that might be, I have no idea... But in addition to this itch to clean, I have this nagging voice in my head saying "Just sit the hell down, woman! Its Saturday! Relax, you silly type-a neat-freak work-a-holic!" Do I never learn from my mistakes? Don't I know that cleaning the house on Fathers Day Eve is a cursed action, that can only lead to doing something stupid and painfull?

So what do I do today? I feel like I am sidestepping all day long. I can't walk straight and go on with what I feel I must do (clean, idiot!) so I must sidestep my own compass settings and try to figure out something else to do to pass the time....

If only the house wasn't such a mess this would be much easier!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home