disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Sunday, June 17, 2007

If Only

So many times you hear people talk about things "If Only," or sometimes even just "If."
It usually begins with "Dude, what if..." or, "Could you imagine if..." Here are my answers to the most common IF things I get asked.

Q: If you could be a superhero, or have super powers, who would you be, or what powers would you have?
A: Well, I am kinda partial to Wonder Woman. I mean, what 30-something gal isn't? But her invisible jet, and the whole lasso of truth thing make her not something I aspire to. She looks great, don't get me wrong -- but her powers are not that cool. Doesn't really answer the question, but this is my "What If," so there.

If I had to choose a super power, at first, I might say Invisibility. Then within moments I'd change it to Able To Withstand Bullets,etc., like Superman. And then, on further review, I would opt for Never Feels Nauseous, with its advantageous side power of Never Throws Up. Lord, if I could live the rest of my life with never feeling queasy again... aaahhh... what a blessing! I would drink till I ... fell asleep! :)

Q: If you won the lottery, what would you do?
A: Hmmm, depends on the sum. Let's just say I'm set for life, and my kids are set for life. And, for good measure, my great-great-grand kids are set for life.

I would, in no particular order: Have a huge costume party. In a very cool and scary mansion. On Halloween.
I would buy a vacation home on a beach somewhere.
I would buy an RV -- like one of those silver ones -- an "Airstream?" I think they are called. The kind you tug along behind a big truck, not the kind you ride in, and I would travel around the country.
I would buy strangers lunch if they looked nice, or were friendly.
I would make people happy.
I would go back to school and get a doctorate in something cool, like archeology, or anthropology.
Of course, I would do all those other things that lottery winners do: quit my job, take care of my extended family, spend time with my kids all the time.
And last, but not least: SHOES!! I'd buy lots and lots of shoes.

Q: If you were stuck on an island alone, what 5 cds, 5 books, or 5 movies would you like to have with you.

A: cds: Soul Mining by The The, Elvis Costello's Greatest Hits, Antics in the Forbidden Zone by Adam and the Ants, Avalon by Roxy Music, and Aretha Franklin's greatest hits.

books: The complete tales of Winnie the Pooh, Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns, One of the Hap and Leonard books by Joe R. Lansdale -- the one with the squirrel attack -- I forget if that's in Mucho Mojo or Bad Chili. All of those are so good., One of the Myron Bolitar novels by Harlen Coben. They also are absolutely hilarious., and then perhaps either The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff, or The Electric Koolaid Acid Test -- not sure which one.

movies: Could I bring the Lost series, or is it one disc per "movie"...? Well, if box sets were allowed, I would bring all the seasons of the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lost, Six Feet Under, and then of course, my 2 guilty pleasure movies Xanadu and Tremors. And then perhaps if I could -- Out of Africa. I frickin love that movie. And if I'm stuck on an island, there's no better to look at then Robert Redford!!

Q: If you only had one hour to live, what would you do?
A: Be with my husband and kids snuggling and horsing around--tickling, kissing, and hugging. And Laughing!!


Q: If you could meet any famous person in history, alive or dead, who would you meet?
A: Now this one is a stumper. I've never been able to answer that one. I'd kinda like to meet my great-grandparents. My great-grandmother lived till I was 5, but all my other greats died before I was born. I'd kinda like to meet them all and ask them about getting to this country, and what that was like. If I had to choose a famous person, I suppose it would be Oprah. But not on the show. It'd have to be like a low key thing at her house or something. Just a girls afternoon kinda thing.

Ok. There are many many more Ifs I could bring you, but this is all I can type for now! If you would like to ask other Ifs, or play along yourself, feel free to send me something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home