disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Do the right thing

I have to say, I admire those librarians out there that write about real library stuff. I think its admirable that they voice their opinions, on issues and topics that face all of us, and put themselves out there as a voice for librarianship. I think thats hard -- I think that when you start blogging about a certain topic, all of a sudden you are the expert -- and that may or may not be true, but it happens. Perhaps its just that what you say others agree with, and so, you are now revered as the one who knows best. But really, its things that we've all thought, and you just happen to state it very nicely and with just the right amount of passion. And you link us to other pages and other people to support your statement. It's really quite cool.

Now, there are other people out there, like myself, who tend to shy away from the big library issues, not because we don't have an opinion, or even because we don't think they're important -- its just the opposite. But for 1 - I think there are way smarter people out there who say things 10 times better than I ever could and 2 - I just find blogging about silly situational things so much more of a release, and really, thats what this bogging thing is about, right? Well, for me it is, anyway --

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home