disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Censored. Dead. Drec.

So -- What can I say? It's been a busy week or so. And I know some of you, and some of you know me, so its hard sometimes to write freely and put down all that I am thinking about. You can bet that when there are lapses like the one I just had, its not so much that I've been too busy, but more likely there were things going on that I just can't talk about here, which is bad, but not too bad -- I just want to cover my ass, as it were! Suffice it to say, the new job is terrific, and I'm learning a Lot. It's hard to be a librarian/manager. It's hard to work as the "gal in charge." But I think I've made good decisions so far, and I hope my new staff is getting used to me. I have a long way to go, that's fer sure.

Have you ever been driving, listening to the radio, and the same exact song is playing on 2 different stations? That happened to me today -- Heart of Glass by Blondie was on 2 stations. Now, is it just me, or do you instantly think to yourself "Omigod, did Deborah Harry DIE?" I mean, when do they ever play Blondie?

And no, she's not dead. I checked.

Then, on the same drive into work, I heard a dance-ed up chick version of that melodramatic Journey ballad "Faithfully." I kid you not. Some idiotic crap dance girl moron re-did that drec, which at best was sub-par to begin with. What is the world coming to? I know I said a few posts ago I love the radio, but honestly, most of the time it just sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home