disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Monday, April 10, 2006

tell me no lies, baby I have been bad

What's up with adults who lie? Its so totally inappropriate. Like, get a clue! it only makes you look bad. Heres one: in December and January my kids had lice. It was pretty awful, but we lived through it. Now, if you aren't down on the lice advice, I'll tell you - they're lifecycle is about 10 days. So, you treat the kids hair, wash everything, stuff their teddy bears in a plastic bag for 10 days, and then on day 10 repeat the process of washing and shampooing. Its actually no big deal, except for the mounds of laundry caused by having to wash everyones bedding.

So - as I confessed, my kids had lice this winter. Months ago. This weekend, I get accused - wrongfully accused -- nay, totally blamed without so much as a second thought, that my kid gave someone elses kid lice! The nerve! And the person who knew without a shadow of a doubt that my kid gave her kid lice was so totally drama queen over it, there was no talking to her! Then, to make matters worse, after she verbally assaults me on the phone, she adds "and I looked it up on the internet and found a home remedy to cure it..." which totally assails the librarian in me. You did Research? You! Did! Research! And you're still blaming me!? Well, little novice web-searcher with your inept searching skill, obviously you didn't search the right sites Or find accurate information, for if you did, you would know that there is no freaking chance in hell my kids gave your kid lice!

Don't mess with the librarian, man, ...that just makes me nuts!... my left eye started twitching and my hands started to shake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home