disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

one to grow on

Did you know that you can burn yourself with boiling water? I guess now it makes sense, but I really had no idea.

Here's the set up: I'm alone with the kids, (I'll interrupt here: if you know me & my husband, you know this is never good -- he's a much more qualified care giver than I, hence, I work outside the home and he works inside) - Anyway ..., and I am trying to make myself some coffee, (here again, no good.. If I am in need of coffee, things are already not going in my favor), and my kids mac&cheese noodles are all done boiling and need to be drained, so I can add the cheese packet and get on with my coffee. So of course, me needing to speed things up so I can get with the java, I decide to for-go the strainer and just hold a wooden spoon up to the noodles with my right hand as I pour the scalding water out of the pot with my left.

Need I tell you I'm a righty, and that pouring water out of a boiling pot with my left hand is just plain crazy!?

So the water, pouring into the sink, decides to take a detour from its nice flow, and run down the length of the spoon onto my hand and fingers. YEE-OUCH!

And, because I am completely pathetic, I just scream and stare at it, but let it continue to burn me, because really now, who wants to drop the noodles and ruin their dinner, when all I really want to do is have this whole mess over with so I can Fix - My - Friggin - Coffee - Already!

Did you know that, when burned with scalding hot water, your fingers will actually bubble?

And That, my friends, is One to Grow On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home