disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Monday, June 19, 2006

The first step is a doozie

Yes, I did it. I broke my butt. Litterally. Snapped my tail bone like the snap of your fingers. Freakin hurt like hell. Wait - that was past tense -- I mean Hurtss like hell. I added that extra s for emphasis. I am such an idiot.

The kids had finally gone to sleep. Excited for school being over, they stayed up as late as they wanted -- 10:30pm, really more like 11. Finally alone, husband and I decided to watch a movie. It was a stupid boring movie, one I was not that into, but it starred William Shatner, so we had to watch. Yes, Shatner. Yes, we were watching it. Are we pathetic, or what?

As I was "concentrating" on "watching" the movie, I remembered the laundry in the basement, which was done and needed my attention. So hubby and I did one of these things: "oh! the laundry!" "I'll get it dear, " "no - I'll get it," "no, let me.." (you can see we both really wanted to watch this movie!) So I ran to the basement steps, took the first one a bit too fast, and just like a Batman comic I was like Bam! Kerpow! Splat! on my butt down about 2 or 3 steps.

It hurt so much I thought I'd puke. It hurt so much my butt saw stars! But, ever the "I don't need no stinkin help" kinda woman that I am, I was like "Feh! I'll walk it off." Walk? Sure. Sit? Aint gonna happen today, lady. So after about 20 minutes of pacing and bending, and trying unsuccessfully to sit, I drove myself to the emergency room.

Walking yourself into the ER totally feels ridiculous. I mean, you're walking, you're talking, there's no blood oozing, like, why are you bothering them? So I say to the pasty-faced teen behind the welcome desk, "Plese don't laugh, but I think I've broken my butt."

2 nurses, 1 doctor, and four hours later, my fears were confirmed. After a "series" of x-rays all zoned in on my caboose, it was undeniably clear -- So they sent me home with a rx for motrin, and said "good-luck with that!"

So kiddies, this wraps up another story in our long list entitled: "Listen To Your Husband Already! He's Here To Help You!"

2 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Gigi said…

    i know i'm wrong for it but i couldn't help laughing (sorry). I had the same thing happen in college, butt =), no broken bones.

    get better soon.

     
  • At 6/21/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger sara said…

    thanks g -- laughter is the best medicine!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home