disheveled

a disheveled library-gal comes clean

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Short of stable

I heard 'Shimmer' by Fuel today and it just seemed so fitting, and yet it didn't fit at all. I was thinking more about work at the time rather than relationships, but somehow it all meshed.

Anyway. I am having a cell phone problem. I dropped my phone the other day and broke the battery. So I got another battery, but now my phone persistently says I have a voice mail, when I don't. Everytime I turn the phone on, it has that voice mail icon all lit up and in the way. I can't seem to lose it -- So , I now Hate My Phone.

Speaking of phones, I was on a train the other day from Baltimore back to NJ, where I overheard the most disturbing thing. I think this goes into the Number One spot in the Top Ten Countdown of Most Inappropriate Things To Say On A Cellphone When There Are Other People Present. Brace yourselves, people.

The man across the aisle from me was explaining to someone (a friend, perhaps?) about how he and his wife had sat their 2 children down (Lilly and Jake) to tell them that mommy's baby had failed to grow and was now not going to be coming into this world. "We told them, sometimes babies just stop growing,"....pause..."yea, Jake didn't understand, but Lilly was a little upset over not getting a baby sister,"...

!!!!!!

Is it in any way disrespectful to the wife that this guy was spilling all this in public on the train to New Jersey? Or, is this kind of a thing OK, and our lives are no longer private? Is it just me?

1 Comments:

  • At 10/19/2007 6:47 PM, Blogger Kerry said…

    No, it's not just you. It constantly floors me how little is kept private these days. THere's lots of things I don't care if people know (call it a preemptive strike) but I don't necessarily tell the whole world everything on a cellphone in public. Grrr.

    And also, if it was before 3-4 months, why would you tell your kids you were pregnant in the first place? WTF?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home